About this job :
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
- Role: Full Stack Developer
- Industry: Banking, Finance, Information Technology
- Company size: 10k+ people
- Company type: Public
ING is looking for a Chapter Lead – Senior Full Stack Dev Engineer for developing wholesale banking’s multi-country and multi-product platform that offers the best digital experience to ING’s biggest clients. Think forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are one of the most innovative banks with a strong established brand that operates worldwide with a clear omnichannel distribution strategy and international network.
You will work together with a team of 5-7 young talented engineers based in Amsterdam which takes end to end ownership and responsibility and contributes in an agile way to the full lifecycle of an application, from requirements phase and implementation to running it in production. We work in a fun and creative environment where we enable everyone to perform at its best. Trust is essential: we respect each other’s opinion and we are not afraid to speak out loud whenever it is required.
What you’ll do
- As an energetic Chapter Lead with expertise in people management, you are an engineer and this will be your role in the squad for 60% of your time. With your fellow squad member, you develop and deliver features to production.
- The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your chapter and developing your chapter members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, and about coaching members of your Chapter and overseeing their personal development.
- You help your chapter develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
- Together with your IT Area Lead, you set targets for each team member
- You are responsible for HR-related activities: For instance 1 to 1 meetings with your team members, performance management.
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent.
- Stakeholder management: work with stakeholders from different squads to understand and be able to help the team set-up their individual KPI’s and determine the way of working for the chapter
How to succeed
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Excellent knowledge of Java8+ including Spring framework 4.x/5.x and Spring Boot 2.x
- You are able to develop an efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- Strong understanding of container-based platforms and tooling including Docker. Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby etc)
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest trends and like to try everything out and experiment.
- Good understanding of DevOps practices including Git, CI/CD, test automation and monitoring
- Good understanding of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL). Familiarity with NoSQL datastores is a big plus
- Experience leading chapters or teams developing highly concurrent and reliable distributed systems is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What do we offer
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of your employees is very important and that’s why ING offers excellent courses and programs. Besides courses, we often organize meet-ups, talks and tech-lunches. In addition, we offer:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Feel free to contact Adrian Pawlak, Recruiter. e-mail: Adrian.Pawlak@ing.com
Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.