About this job
Job type: Full-time, Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior Industry: Financial Services, Financial Technology, Information Technology, Company size: 1k–5k people, Company type: VC Funded
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile, product minded Java Developer to join our scaling-up engineering office in Singapore. The role is an unique opportunity to join one of the most successful FinTech start-ups in the world and to contribute building our Asia/Pacific product. Hence helping millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
You’ll get to join one of our coolest office locations (if not the coolest), while receiving a competitive package – including a salary within the range of 80.000 – 145.000 SGD (depending on experience & skills proven during selection), and generous stock options, amongst many other benefits.
- Help us scale our product to impact millions more customers
- Take ownership of the entire TransferWise user experience for our Asia Pacific region, helping to make their international transfers faster, easier and cheaper (this covers: banking; payment processing; verification; compliance & marketing)
- Integrate payment methods and partners, creating a scalable and automated payments engine
- Understand our customers and the impact our product is making (through data analysis and user research) to drive our team and product roadmap.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Develop your expertise in the fast-growing FinTech market in Asia while growing our new engineering office in Singapore
Choose your path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision & the responsibility for making it happen
Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work and learn with our dev teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, New York and more
A bit about you…
- You are passionate about product and user experience – customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You have used a back-end MVC Framework, Java/Spring Boot preferred;
- You have previously developed a modern front-end framework.
React.js is preferred, Angular.js is also relevant
- You have experience working with SQL DBs, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- You have an understanding of test-driven development (TDD) and the desire to write tests
- You are familiar with the Continuous Delivery approach mindset
Some extra skills that would be awesome…
- You’ll have experience with commercial software development and may have built modular scalable systems
- You might have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka is preferred, RabbitMQ, JMS are also relevant)
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange and highly complex systems
- You have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
For a sneak peek into our Engineering world and what it’s like to work here check out: