Java Engineer, Marketplace – trivago N.V. – Düsseldorf, Germany
About this job :
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Mid-Level
- Role: DevOps
- Industry: Data Science, Software Development, Software Development / Engineering
- Company size: 1k–5k people
- Company type: Public
Are you an experienced and motivated Java engineer with a passion for performant algorithm design and applied data science? Are you interested in working with big data driven applications that are highly scalable and distributed? Do you love learning new technologies?
Our teams in Marketplace are looking for a new team member to join our interdisciplinary group of engineers and data scientists who are working to bring machine learning and predictive algorithms into production.
If you are looking for a role in a dynamic, challenging, and innovative environment where your work has a direct, visible impact, you have come to the right place!
Get an inside look into tech at trivago.
Our Tech Stack:
- Java 11, Spring Boot, Gradle, gRPC
- Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Python, JupyterLab, Pandas
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana
- Kafka, Hive on Tez, Impala
What you’ll do:
- Work on our Java microservice to employ algorithms that bring together great hotels, happy users, and business congruent decisions.
- Leverage current technologies to develop, test, deploy, and monitor new algorithms within a large-scale, distributed backend system.
- Analyze the effects of algorithm changes and monitor performance data with Python, Hive, and other industry standard languages and tools.
- Use profiling tools to tune performance-critical components.
- Implement tools and interfaces for data scientists and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the growth of our team through learning and sharing new topics.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Strong skills in Java and Java-ecosystem frameworks and tools.
- Working knowledge of Java concurrency and safe coding practices.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- A strong desire to write maintainable, performant software.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with other team members.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (we like Python :).
- A passion for improving your technical skills and staying current with advancements within the industry.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, data science, mathematics, physics, or a similar, role-relevant field.
- Basic knowledge in machine learning and statistics.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop / Hive / Impala.
- Experience working with cloud environments (Kubernetes).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.