About this job :
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Mid-Level
- Role: Data Scientist
- Industry: eCommerce
- Company size: 10k+ people
- Company type: Public
ABOUT THE TEAMDepartment: Supply & Demand Reports to: Engineering Lead Team Size: <10 Recruiter: Gratiana Rusu, [email protected]
As a Python Backend Engineer in the Pricing & Forecasting team, you’ll bring the engineering perspective into our data science teams. You will build the required microservices serving large data from the models and the pipeline for machine learning. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design and develop backend services that implement the pricing decisions and strategy using latest tech stack (Presto, Kubernetes, airflow, NoSql) in day-to-day work
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability
- Apply your Python development skills to build production systems, RESTful APIs, microservices (AWS), and the infrastructure for big data processing
- Collaborate with data scientists to translate forecasting prototypes into production systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of industry experience as a backend engineer, working mainly in Python
- Experience with microservices architecture, distributed systems, and RESTful APIs, particularly using cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Experience with ML related libraries (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn) and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Spark)
- A good understanding of machine learning topics and a strong mathematical background
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil our customers demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology, data science and machine learning, to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.