Senior DevOps Engineer – PropertyGuru Pte Ltd – Singapore
About this job :
Job type: Full-time, Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior, Role: Frontend Developer, Mobile Developer, Industry: Advertising Technology, Commercial Real Estate, eCommerce, Company size: 1k–5k people, Company type: Private
This is what we have done already:
- We have developed 5 property portals with dominant presence in 4 countries
- Our traffic has passed 100 million monthly page views and is increasing fast
- We win prestigious awards for property online portals every year and our web portals always occupy top most visited sites in all 4 countries
What are the typical challenges we face at PropertyGuru?
- We’re dealing with a massive amount of incoming data every day
- We’re dealing with massive traffic (130+M users)
- Build and Own the Kubernetes Infrastructure in Propertyguru.
- Design and build in excellent code quality to Automate Infrastructure for the new features in PropertyGuru.
- Analyse and innovate to improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our systems
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs
- Previously help a DevOps Engineer or System Engineer role
- 5+ years of production Linux system admin experience in high traffic environmen
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon AWS and related services (instances, ELB, EBS, S3, etc.) and abstractions on top of AWS.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, IP and related services (DNS, VPN, firewalls, etc.) and security concerns.
- Experience in running Docker and Kubernetes clusters in production.
- Love automating mundane tasks and make developers life easy
- Must be able to code in, at a minimum, Python (or Ruby) and Bash.
- Non-trivial production experience with Saltstack and/or Puppet, Composer, Jenkins, GIT
- Agile software development best practices – continuous integration, releases, branches, etc.
- Experience with modern monitoring tools; capacity planning.
- Some experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Node.js, and PHP is a plus.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player with a sense of humor.