About this job :
- Job type: Full-time
- Role: Full Stack Developer
Senior Full Stack Engineer 2020Amsterdam, NetherlandsWho are we?We are extremely proud to share that Primephonic has been awarded as one of the top 100 best developed apps worldwide!We are a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music. Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries.With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 50+ classical music lovers of 25+ different nationalities. With this passionate and driven team we are able to challenge streaming services like Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Google!Some interesting articles selected for you:The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Forbes, LA Times, Financial Times, Dutch Financial Times a.m.o..OverviewAs a Full-Stack Engineer at Primephonic, you will have a decisive role in defining the technical roadmap and establishing the backbone of our business. You will get to work with a ridiculously modern technology stack, in well-designed, well-maintained and well-tested projects. This is your chance to shine, and armed with your expertise on both web development as well as API design, forever break the gap between frontend and backend!Our platform is made up of several different systems. From robust APIs powering our apps, to music label reporting, to complex musical metadata matching, to high-throughput streaming services, which are all crucial to our business. We can’t wait to show you the tech powering it all!Together with our Tech Team you will bring your ideas from implementation to production. Once you’re comfortable and up-to-speed, you will take up a leading role in developing, maintaining and monitoring our platform. Who are you?As an engineering hire at Primephonic, you are someone not afraid of new challenges. You’re confident with your coding skills as you have a few years of work experience in a startup already, but you’re not content with just solving problems…you want to solve the right problems. This is where your critical thinking and analytical mindset should come into play, by having the perfect combination of tech skills and product mindset, to help prioritize, optimize, and together with the team, build the most solid streaming service available.Even better if you have:
- Experience in serverless architectures.
- Elasticsearch modeling knowledge.
- Experience in distributed systems, database design.
- Experience in high throughput streaming servers.
What will you do?
- Design and deliver new features and APIs.
- Develop solutions which are scalable, reliable and reusable.
- Optimize streaming services.
Some technologies we work with
- Express, Yarn, Bash, CircleCI, Docker.
- AWS (EC2, Lambdas, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.).
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL.
- You will get a non-sugarcoated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- Purpose driven organization: our product makes people truly happy.
- You will join a very inspiring, global, international young team home to 40+ (classical) music lovers from 25 different countries.
- Great office life, masterclasses, monthly office outings & strategy sessions, fresh cooked lunch, and Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- Good compensation and a contribution to the pension scheme.
- 25 holidays.
- Last but not least a free subscription to the Primephonic app!
Interested? You can apply for this job via the application form.Agency calls are not appreciated. PI118687965