Senior Software Developer (Backend) – IPRICE GROUP SDN BHD – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About this job :
Job type: Full-time, Experience level: Senior, Role: Backend Developer, Industry: eCommerce, Company size: 51–200 people, Company type: Private
Our vision is to become the Skyscanner for online shopping, the place for South East Asia’s 600M people start their e-commerce journey. The place where consumers discover the latest trends, compare prices and get the best deal. With more than 500 million offers on our platform; 15 million monthly shoppers; and, a reputation as an independent authority when it comes to insights about the regional e-commerce sector, iPrice is at the center of South East Asia’s e-commerce revolution.
Why join us?
Surround yourself with people who are ambitious, passionate, dynamic and constantly looking for ways to improve themselves. Join us and help us drive iPrice’s continued success, our monthly double-digit growth, and be a part of a diverse environment which combines the talent and insights of the 7 countries we that are operating in!
- Organization backed by world class investors like Line, Ventura and 500 Start-ups
- Management team comprised of international managers with experience from world-class organizations
- Performance focused culture championing ownership, transparency and open communication
- Diverse colleagues (25 nationalities and counting)
- Coaching and world-class trainings with access to key experts in your field
- Take over full responsibility for the delivery and quality of backend development projects, handling TBs of data every day.
- Collaborate closely with the data science and merchant integration teams to translate requirements, integrations and algorithms into data pipelines
- Develop, test and deploy code that is part of a product used by tens of millions of people across South East Asia every month
- Maintain a high quality standard of our data ingestion and processing pipelines, reliably handling data in many different formats and structures
- Drive to keep improving programming and design processes and techniques.
- Quickly debug and analyze issues that affect the reliability and performance of our catalog update and scraping process
- Deliver incremental results live on our site on a weekly basis with the support of a cross-functional agile team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject
- 5-7 years of experience delivering big data solutions on tight schedules in a company known for best-in-class products
- Proven experience working in a multi-national environment with agile methodologies (SCRUM, CI/CD, TDD, LESS)
- Hands-on experience building applications using PHP7, Python 3 and libraries from the related ecosystems.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data software development technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka) and exposure to resource/cluster management technologies.
- Experience with Big data design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for Big data platform.
- Deep experience with the latest NoSQL database technologies like Elastic Search and Cassandra.
- Familiar with modern architectural patterns of highly scalable systems like horizontal scaling and queueing systems
- Unmatched attention to detail when it comes to optimizing performance of backend processes and services, never satisfied with the smallest annoyances
- Expert in Amazon Web Services, container technologies (Docker) and deployment frameworks (Terraform, Ansible)
- Familiar with best practices in Development Lifecycles, Source Control tools like Git, familiarity with the Linux command line interface