About this job :
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
- Role: Backend Developer
- Industry: Data & Analytics, SaaS, Web Technology
- Company size: 51–200 people
- Company type: Private
Preferred Timezone: (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam +/- 2 hours
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar we’re on a mission to build the leading user feedback and analytics platform, with our product being used by over 915,000 users in 190 countries. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job:
- You’ll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, and product designers.
- You will create production grade Python code and will implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- Participate in building and owning new microservices that power our product.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar Platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems, whilst having involvement in technical decision making.
- Strong backend development experience using Python.
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, and SOLID Principles.
- Strong experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional testing, continuous integration, and Test Driven Development.
- Pragmatic engineer who avoids overengineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
- Experience with distributed architectures and building microservices.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, or similar.
- Experience with applications tuning/profiling, and scaling high-traffic applications.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.